Pass me not...

Thursday, January 15, 2015 / Leave a Comment
New peach blossoms today...

Last night we read this passage at church. I think this is one of my favorite Bible accounts...

22 And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.

23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.

25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.

26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.

27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshiped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

It's the love of God that does not pass me by.
The reminder that He knows my needs...even from afar.
His power to reach down and save.
His great power to walk on water, and still the wind and waves.
His forgiveness in my unbelief.
His reassuring voice when I am afraid. "It is I, be not afraid."
His compassion and mercy....

I always think of the hymn, "Pass Me Not O Gentle Savor"...
Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

Refrain
Savior, Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

Let me at Thy throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief,
Kneeling there in deep contrition;
Help my unbelief.

Amy Carmichael says..."Joys are always on their way to us...they are always traveling to us through the darkness of the night. There is never a night when they are not coming."

It was exactly what I needed to hear...maybe you too? 

"God never uses anyone greatly, unless He tests them deeply." A.W. Tozer





0 Encouraging Words:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!

Back to Top