Spool Table...

Saturday, February 7, 2015 / Leave a Comment
I really enjoyed working on this project...

After sanding the spool, the fun part began....staining! I picked Dark Walnut and rubbed the stain on with a cloth. I went light on the top so the original writing on the spool could still come through. Because I used a cloth I could darken the edges and give it that vintage feel.

I like to use disposable gloves when I stain, but we didn't have any, so I learned a new tip! Olive oil takes the stain right off your hands without all that scrubbing! Thank you Pinterest! :)

I don't have any pictures of the table finished, but I used a clear rubbing wax as my finish. After it dried, I buffed it, and was really pleased with the end result! It's shiny...but not overly shiny. I don't have the table as it is for a City project my sisters and I are helping with, but after it's over, I can't wait to use it on our front porch. :)




0 Encouraging Words:

Post a Comment

Leave a note!

Back to Top