The Anthro Granny...

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 / 4 comments
Some months ago, we got this decorating magazine in the mail, and while flipping through the pages, I noticed this little baby room. For some reason, I simply couldn't resist the blanket I saw in the article. It was so retro and yet nostalgic.

I wanted to make one...

But one problem...

I don't really crochet.

But it seemed simple enough, so I asked mom to teach me and get me started. Mom was so enthusiastic about the blanket and we actually had fun shopping together for the yarn. My sisters on the other hand were dubious about this project and actually said I wouldn't finish it. So, I will say their skepticism is understandable because I don't have a very good track record of finishing big projects (well, ones that take more than a few days!  :), but this just made me more determined to show them my ways were changing......at least for a little while. :)

So, the last few months I've had this going......I wanted it to be Anthroish, so I found a few pictures from the Anthropology store to help with the yarn colors.

I also found a tutorial for this neato bobble edge that I knew right away I wanted to do. It's so happy and cheerful...






4 comments:

  1. I'm SO proud to be a part of the history of this blanket. I love creating with you......Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one!! That is soo adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing because I love you enough to want to make you one, but just finishing ONE blanket is even surprising myself! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note!

Back to Top